7 Behavioral Science Tips for LGBT-Person to Improve Your Dating Odds
Are you a single gay male or female who has ever fretted about your chances of finding a love match? The golden piece of advice: don’t fret! Crowded bars or busy gay nightclubs are never an ideal environment for connecting with prospective partners. If you haven’t been successful until now, this will have nothing to do with anything you’ve done. You have the potential to improve your dating odds. We’re going to provide you with seven tips that are based in behavioral science research that will help guarantee your success.
1 – Be communicative – use online dating to improve your skills
More and more individuals are choosing to go down the digital route when it comes to matchmaking. Surveys consistently reveal the LGBT community are particularly enthusiastic online daters. So why should using a dating service to arrange a gay discreet hookup be any more efficient than the traditional offline methods? Simple. The secure communication channels offered by these outlets are always conducive to candid and amicable discussions. Gay guys who might be reserved in social situations will find an inner resolve when presented with kindred spirits in these virtual settings. You can find all about someone’s background before reaching out to them. You’ll also have some time to think about composing messages, and the more confident you become at exchanging these, the greater the chemistry will be.
2 – Use the 70/30 rule in your online profile
There’s a definite knack to construct an effective profile on an LGBT dating resource, whether it’s a desktop website or a downloadable app. The key is to devote 70% of the text to describing who you are in some detail – without becoming too wordy. Try to focus on summarizing your best points and most interesting attributes and achievements. The remaining 30% should be about describing exactly what you’re looking for in an LGBT partner. Be as upfront as possible to avoid disappointment further down the line. If you like a particular body shape, hairstyle, or are even looking for somebody well-tattooed, mention all these points at this stage.
3 – Know what you want and when you want it – be ready for the first date
It’s always good to have some idea of what you are looking for in a gay partnership. Online dating outlets will present you with a treasure trove of possibilities, so there is no need to stick with the first person who catches your eye.
4 – Honesty during communication
These outlets are particularly good for individuals who have always found themselves to be a little hesitant when reaching out to prospective partners. The best way to overcome shyness is to be honest when you are getting to know another gay single. Don’t be tempted to invent stories about yourself. Instead, make sure that others receive a completely accurate picture of you.
6 – Always be reliable
You might get round to discussing the ideal gay bar where you might like to eventually convene for your first liaison. It’s up to you to know exactly where this is and to plan your travel accordingly so that you arrive on time. There is nothing worse than someone who can’t be relied upon to commit to arrangements. This could well be an indication of a half-hearted attitude towards taking your relationship further.
6 – Keep certain truths ‘in the vault’
Many of us are harboring deeper ‘secrets.’ Perhaps you have spent some time in rehab or have experienced a particularly volatile relationship in the past you would rather not dwell on. Don’t broach these subjects during initial conversations. There will be a time and a place for admitting anything to a new partner, but that’s further down the line after you’ve established trust.
7 – Prepare for a face-to-face rendezvous
The final tip is to ensure you are both in agreement about the type of date you would like to work on. Discussed the possibilities first and in some detail. Establish your new partner’s favorite hobbies, whether they prefer going to the movies, sports events, or the latest gigs. These will all help to form a more rounded picture of your new LGBT love interest.
We have provided our ‘magnificent seven’ tips that will provide you with the skills you require to engineer a fulfilling LGBT relationship. This list is far from exhaustive. Perhaps these will give you the inspiration to add some of your very own. You can always augment these tips by doing online research into good conversation pointers. Or finding out more about human biology – what makes us tick physically can sometimes be a good indicator of how our relationships are likely to work out. But don’t get too hung up on these suggestions. None of them is really ‘cast in stone.’ It’s mostly down to common sense!